Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wk 18: Noise

 
I love this picture because it's horrible. Not a single child is looking in the right direction and the Mama's are just barely corralling them into some semblance of formation to even snap a photo. I've come to realize that I've hit that stage in our family life where outings are more work than fun for the mother, at times. There are multiple things to think of and prepare for, more people than there are hands, and almost assuredly some sort of meal that needs to come along with us or will need to be planned for upon our return. It's exhausting. It's noisy.

But then I look at sweet friendships forming, memories being made, and little minds filled with wonder as each adventure is presented and I'm reminded that it's worth it. My job will never change. I will always be the one who needs to think of every item that each adventure necessitates, who will be hungry when, or what awaits us after the adventure is over. But they won't always be so little and they won't always be so noisy.

No comments: