Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wk 16: Relax


Relax...and let your kids splash in puddles fully clothed.

One thing I love about my Mom is that she she knew how to let us be kids while growing up. Maybe it's because she was out numbered, maybe it's because she had 4 boys, but mostly I think it's because she learned how to let go and relax. I mean I went through an entire stage of life where I don't think I let her brush my hair. My brother Joseph walked around for an entire summer with a huge wet spot in the front of his pants simply because he decided he didn't want to be potty trained anymore.

SO...now that I am a mama of two boys, I've decided that I want my perspective to be less about controlling how they look and what they do (within reason of course) and more about letting them be their true little boy-selves. I want them to know how to get dirty, to love exploring the world around them, to fully be in this wonderful stage of life. I want to foster their adventerous, God-given, boy qualities not squander it. I sure hope my children can look back at me as their mommy and delight in how I let them be kids.

Relax...and pretend to be growly bears.

Relax...and practice your walking skills sans clothing.

Relax...and play a game of hot lava.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: