Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This Makes Me Wish I could Freeze Time



This weeks photography theme (This Makes Me Wish I could Freeze Time) has me feeling all sentimental and a little sad. Since having children and becoming more firmly established in my adult life I find myself regularly wishing that time wasn't so fleeting. I wish the way life is viewed with such innocence and purity from a child's perspective didn't have to change. That those we love most dearly didn't move away, didn't pass away. I look at these memories we're creating and relish in the pure joy written across the faces of those I love and I wish that I could freeze time not only for my sake but for my children. I want to remember the tiny details that make us laugh and fill our hearts to overflowing. I want them to know how cherished they are, how blessed they are to be surrounded by such love, by such amazing family.

I want to remember life where evenings aren't filled with the hustle and bustle of the next activity but are full of laughter, stories, and an amazing Daddy who gets on the floor each and every night to play with his kids. 

 I want to remember the tell-tale sign that a little boy is sleepy; little hands find their way to silky hair to begin their soothing rhythmic strokes.
 
 I want to remember how little these hands once were. How the older one's used to run his fingers through my hair when I rocked him to sleep. How the little one's brush across my face, palm open, fingers relaxed till he finds my lips singing a soft lullaby to him. Sometimes his eyes close in drowsy contentment, other times he begins a tired chuckle as the motion of my lips in song tickle the palm of his hands. How sweet these little hands are to me. 


I want to remember what it feels like to hold my sweet boy in my arms, swaddled like a baby, wrapped cozy in a towel, the scent of shampoo and soap fresh upon his brow. I wish he would always fit there, that he would always want to end his nights "warm and cozy" with his Mama or Daddy.  

I wish I could freeze in time having our parents around- my children getting to know the wonderful, Godly people who have raised us, loved us. I hope that they get to experience a life full of memories with their grandparents like I have. I want this selfishly though because I don't want to entertain life without our parents.  

I love these moments that will help me remember how sweet this time of life is.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very beautiful and so very well said. The poem of the mother's heart.