Friday, January 17, 2014

Wk 48: Motion

At the end of November we came up with a brilliant plan: to remodel the bathroom in the middle of the Holiday season! It makes perfect sense right?! It's not like there are a million and one "extra" things that require your time and money in the 30 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas...how bad could throwing a major bathroom overhaul in to the mix be? I jest. 

Well, we didn't take our own advice and wait, we just dove in head first. I put my big girl panties on and steeled myself for the countless days, nights and weeks ahead of almost-single-mommy-hood.  Thankfully, with remodeling, comes a plethora of over-sized cardboard boxes which provide a multitude of little boy friendly activities. One particular evening, the box that had cradled our new bathtub served as a car ramp, a fort, a tunnel, a coloring mat, and a space for Jesse to practice his dance moves.
 The picture below was my shot for the week. I kind of love it even though it's blurry because it says so much about the personalities of my kids. Owen can get lost in an activity for long periods of time while Jesse is quickly ready for something that involves physical activity. Some of that I chalk up to age and some of it is simply who they're wired to be.

No comments: