Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wk 39: Everyday


I've tried to post this blog post twice. Both times it failed and my perfectly scribed prose lost forever. Needless to say, I've been feeling a little defeated by week 39 and it's time to get over it. 
These pictures are from September when we headed over the mountains to Winthrop.
 It was a cold and rainy weekend, an unusual occurrence for Mazama. As a result, we spent our three days going for walks in between the rain showers and lots of time playing games and watching movies next to the fire.
 Since the weather didn't permit for outdoor fires we improvised and made s'mores indoors over the crackling logs in the stove. I'm pretty sure Owen died and went to heaven over this nightly treat.

 Our last day at the cabin we drove up to Hart's Pass which is accessed by a narrow dirt road that winds up the side of the mountains behind our cabin to some spectacular views and hiking. After 10 minutes of driving, as we gained altitude, the rain quickly changed to snow. It was partly magical and partly terrifying as the thought of getting stuck on this now abandoned mountain road flashed through our minds so it wasn't long till we got out to trek around in the first snow of the year.

 These last two photos were my "pics of the week."  Jesse changes from baby to little boy more every day and Owen is daily encroaching on becoming a student.This fall, I purchased a Preschool workbook to do with him this school year and he is in love with it. In fact, if I let him, I'm fairly certain that he would have already completed the entire book. He asks every day if we can do his "school book". Every day he takes his book to rest time so that he can do the pages with his finger. I love his enthusiasm and hunger for learning. 

No comments: