Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Tale of Two Families

 
A crazy, unexpected thing happened to me this fall - my own photography business popped up out of nowhere. It's nothing formal yet. I don't even have a name. But, I'm gaining confidence with each shoot, learning as I grow, charging pennies and loving every moment. All of that is thanks to the families captured in the following montage of photos. Both families are dear friends of ours. One day this fall, we decided to meet up in a park where I would hopefully capture the sweet faces of their beautiful families and they would hopefully walk away satisfied with what my fledgling talent captured.

 The great part about shooting your friends is that all the pressure is removed and it is just pure fun. I can't think of a better way really to gain experience, grow confidence and develop skill than to shoot the faces of those you love the most.


   
Thanks to these families and to the wonders of free
advertising on Facebook, the months of October and November are a blur of one photo shoot after another. I learned a lot. My eyes hurt from editing and my cheeks from simultaneously smiling in satisfaction at a successfully captured photo and grimacing in frustration from the "should-a-would-could-a" moments I didn't.

 

 In any case, this fall of photography was a blast and I hope it will continue in the future.


No comments: