Friday, March 8, 2013

Wk 9: Out of the Shadows

 This week I had the challenge of using shadows to increase the drama of my pictures. I had these grand images in my head- dramatic, powerful shots. I imagined capturing a shot of Owen standing in the darkness of a grove of trees at our favorite park down the street with a beam of sunlight piercing through the shadows to perfectly highlight his little person. Or, Josh walking with the boys down the street on a foggy morning, rays of hazy sun filtering through the clouds. 

But if you scroll through this blog you will see that none of my images are that dramatic. Nope, it just rained and rained some more. One solid shade of gray. There was one of my dreamy fog filled mornings but alas Josh was not around and I didn't feel like it was fair of me to ask Jesse to sit on the freezing cold ground just for the sake of a picture.
 But what I lacked in drama, I made up for in simplicity. Two little boys dreaming up all sorts of adventures together in their cardboard box. One 10 month old chewing on anything he can get his little mouth on to appease his swollen teething gums. I guess that's why the photo project is called: "This is our life." My life is not glamorous nor perfectly picturesque but it is full and wonderful in all it's simplicity.

No comments: