Thursday, March 14, 2013

10 going on 11


One day shy of 11 months...how can that be?
Jesse is a delight. He is 22lbs. He isn't quite a fan of cow's milk but has decided he's done nursing. My goal is to make it to 1 yr but I'll take a month early. Eating is still one of his favorite things to do. I kid you not the other day he ate more than me: two slices of turkey meatloaf, a whole peach and two sweet potato biscuits. Do you see why I'm concerned about my future in trying to feed him?

In his 10th month finger walking became his exercise of choice. He is very determined and knows precisely where he wants to go, though his chubby tummy and clumsy legs betray him constantly. However, that does not stop him from climbing onto your lap to grab your fingers and then turn quickly to pull you in the direction he wants to go. I'm excited for him to walk on his own simply because he'll be so enthralled with his new found freedom.

He's finally figured out how to sign "more" though I imagine he just thinks he's clapping for himself.
His ability to understand what we're saying to him is increasing by leaps and bounds. It's fun to see him respond to things we say to him and to know that when I tell him "No touch" he knows precisely what that means.


10 months also brought about a new article of clothing: two piece pjs. I kind of love them because I have access to his silk smooth baby belly but they also remind me that he's one step closer to being a little boy and one step farther away from being a baby. I feel like that transition has come faster then it did with Owen. Most of that is because at 10 months Owen wasn't even crawling and Jesse is almost walking. But it's also in his body language, his facial expressions and the way he wants to play. He didn't come out little so I guess I've been prepared for the loss of his baby stage for some time.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: