Monday, February 4, 2013

Capturing the Light - Wk 5





Capturing the Light was the photo inspiration for the week. My first thought upon reading this was "Oh great, yummy light and winter do not co-exist together in Seattle." My creative spirit sank even further when I looked at the weather report and the only color I saw was gray furthering my suspicions that "capturing the light" was going to be hard to come by. This week also coincided with Josh going out of town for 4 days and to add insult to injury Jesse and I came down with colds. I was almost certain with this combination of events before me that the brilliant week of photos I hoped for would not occur.

However, sometimes desperation cultivates creativity. During a moment of sheer luck I remembered the glow stick I had been hiding in the bathroom. What's better than taking a bath in the dark? Taking a bath in the dark with a glow stick! Three problems were solved with one little magical rod of light. I had my moments of light to capture, the boys had a blast and both were clean by the end of our activity.




These last two pictures I took of Owen watching videos of himself on my phone. I just love the way the light bounces off his smooth skin.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: