Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jesse bug




My three month old Jesse bug gets cuter and more fun by the day. I'm guessing he is 17 or 18 pounds by now as he fits in 6-9 month clothing. I thought I was going to get lucky and not have to buy a piece of clothing for him since he could use all of Owen's stuff. I guessed wrong!

Aside from the random off day here and there he is generally down by 6:30-7:00 at night and gets up once to eat. He is starting to stay up longer in between naps and have more of a pattern to his naps (2 hrs in the a.m., 2 hrs in the afternoon, then sometimes a short early evening nap to make it to bed time), it's still kind of amazing to me that 1 1/2 is his ideal awake time before he'd like to go back to sleep.



His clumsy grasp is becoming more efficient. I love watching his hands move in slow motion to grab on to a toy. One of his favorite things is to grab his "lovey" (a small square blanket) and smush it into his face. Watching him play on his tummy is another favorite of mine to watch. He has such bright expressive eyes and if you watch them long enough, I swear you can tell what he's thinking. He continues to be very strong as he loves to stand and when he's on the floor he's constantly pumping his plump little legs. He LOVES watching Owen, which has become problematic when it comes to nursing, but I can't blame him, Owen is pretty fun.




Besides his growing ability to grab at things, Jesse also started laughing (14 weeks)! Like everything else in his developing life it's still a bit uncoordinated and usually results in giving him the hiccups but man is it fun to have him respond to us this way! He is also very chatty. Right after he wakes up is one of my favorite times with him - his face breaks in to a huge smile and he usually goes off on a long cooing story as if he was saying "Mama! It has been so long since I've seen you! I have so much to tell you!"
I can't wait for the months to come as he continues to become more interactive.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: