Thursday, February 23, 2012

No more crib - 21 months



(Horrible picture I know but he was sound asleep and I couldn't bear to wake him up by using my flash)

There comes a time in every child's life where a crib is no longer needed. At this same point in time in a parents life there is an emotional battle that rages - a strange combination of pride and sadness at your child's growth all mixed with fear at the thought of that same child's new found freedom while sleeping. We decided to embark on this life transition before Baby #2 makes his grand appearance thinking that it would be wise to give Owen and ourselves time to adjust to his new room and bed.

So I painted, and sewed, and dreamed up Owen's new big boy room knowing that once we got back from Colorado we wanted to make the transition from crib to bed. The big day came - Owen could not have been more thrilled and I could not have been more simultaneously excited and terrified all at the same time. What would this do to my coveted & uninterrupted nap-time break and our full night of sleep? How were we going to deal with these possible disruptions? Fortunately, none of my fears came true. Owen slept like a champ for nap-time and night-time from the first try! For the first week, every time I got him out of bed his little face was lit up beaming with pride at his new big boy bed.



Morning sleepy head!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: