Wednesday, February 1, 2012

20 months



My how fast time flies. Owen is in his 20th month and soon he will be a big brother. I find myself soaking up these moments of uninterrupted time with him, wanting to hold on to what we've had with just the three of us, while looking forward to what awaits with the addition of a brother. Owen was made to have siblings, nothing exhibited that more to me than the week we were snowed in together. I'm excited to give him the gift of a sibling, a brother to navigate through life's troubled waters with. Oh the adventures that await, and the fighting, and the wrestling, and the farting...I look forward to watching their lives unfold together. But it's still a few more months till I have to increase my heart's capacity again, so for now I will take the time to chronicle once again my ever growing and changing son.

*Clothes - 18/24 months and some 2T (cloth diapers tend to skew things)
* Nap - 2 1/2 to 3 hrs
*Food - Generally a good eater of all things including fruits and veggies. Bell peppers are a new favorite.

*Activities: All things sports and balls related...I think we're going to have one athletic kid on our hands. He loves to slam dunk on his hoop, play pass with a soccer ball, and learned how to hit a soft ball off a Tee in Colorado.
*When he is interested in something he will repeat the action for quite some time. Tying shoelaces, clipping buckles, throwing snow balls all activities he would do repeatedly.
*Interests: Coloring, saying the sounds of letters, reading books, playing with trucks, rocks, balls - any and all classic boy things. Curious George (which he calls the ooh-ooh show), Thomas the Train, and Winnie the Pooh are all shows he's started being interested in, guess we've moved on from Baby Einstein. The Letter Factory is still you're all time favorite.
* Language: slam dunk, swoosh, hot dog, "there he is," answering yes or no correctly when asked a question, trying to sing the ABC's, identifying sounds certain letters make especially "O" "H" "C" "B" and "S" on his own.

No comments: