Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday Bear

My sweet little bear Owen has turned one.
As I sit here and reflect on this past year, it's hard to think of another
of my 26 years that matches how every day this past year has been marked so fully and completely by joy-
and I feel as if I have lived an incredibly blessed and joyful life already.

It's amazing to me how multi-faceted love is. There is the love I have
for my Savior, a love that is marked by intimate friendship and a deep sense of gratitude for how he has saved me. There is
the love I have for my husband - sometimes mushy, sometimes steady, and
always filled with wonder at how lucky I am to love and be loved by him.
Then there is this new love I encountered this year when Owen came into my world.
I now better understand how profound Jesus' unconditional love is for me thanks to the
intense and unconditional love I have for my son. There have been tough
days filled with whining and lack of sleep, but more often than not, I fight the urge
to pick him up as I got to bed, to feel his warm snuggly body in my arms one
last time and go to sleep excited to explore the world once again with him.



We spent Mother's Day which was also Owen's 1 year birthday with our families gathered at our house for a birthday/Mother's day brunch. It was a double celebration and we enjoyed being able to share our delight with our wonderful family. What a lucky little boy
Owen is to be surrounded by such wonderful people.










Posted by Picasa

No comments: