Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Faux hawks and Superman

Meet Owen. He is three and a half weeks old. He is mellow and sweet, content to cuddle to sleep on our chests or simply examine the world from the perch of his jungle themed swing. He has two cries: "Feed me now!" and "I am cold so put a diaper back on me!"Don't worry, we know we are spoiled that he only chooses to express himself through crying in those two instances and are completely aware that this may not last. Otherwise he vocalizes himself through growling (I fear for my breasts sometimes as he goes to latch-on), singing in contentment which usually happens when he is falling asleep, or a gentle whimper when he is uncomfortable.


Peacefully sleeping


Those stupid hands always wake me up!


Classic Owen face

Beyond his great little personality Owen has some distinctly cute physical features. He has bright inquisitive eyes which he will skeptically look at the world through one at a time as we wakes up. If he happens to make eye contact with you as he's waking up, one eye at a time, he will often slowly re-close it with an air that seems to say "I'm not so sure about you." He has a great head of hair (apparently he did not inherit my hair gene since I was bald for quite some time) so much so that he could almost use a hair cut already! He has long legs, taking after his Papi (my Dad - David Carlson), which results in high-water pants since his little waist is too skinny for the next size up. Finally, he has a bright red birth mark on his left palm which we have fondly re-named his Superman Stamp.


Bright Eyes

All these things together only give a slight glimpse as to who Owen is. It's impossible to adequately capture all the intricacies of his little person. But it's fun to step back and realize that Josh and I can already identify so many unique things about him. I just keep thinking how blessed we are to have him in our lives.


Owen's great hair...he's already got a faux hawk


We are working on his blue steel face.


His Superman Stamp



Note the high-water pants.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

poole party said...

i love his faux-hawk! so cute!!! :) we're so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Adorable...congrats...love you guys and miss you tons!

Scott Ross

Pops Schween said...

Good stuff! He's a cutie and can't wait to meet him in person! Also, I'm very pleased that I made it into your blog banner picture. I'm honored, really.