Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wk 29: Color

  Owen and I had a bad week. The kind of week where my patience runs very thin, his questions and testiness are endless and it's all we can do to make it till bedtime civilly. It's not very often I find myself grasping to the last threads of self-control and patience as a mommy (which I humbly recognize is the grace of God) but this week my rope was short. Super short. And Owen's ability to push my buttons was spot on.

But from this trying week came these sweet pictures. An evening of togetherness when I asked Josh to skip his soccer game because I needed reinforcements; because I wasn't sure Owen and I could survive an hour and half, alone, before bed-time. Thankfully he agreed and thankfully we ended up having a great evening which felt like a gentle breeze after a stormy week.

So maybe it's ironic or maybe it's perfect timing that this weeks prompt was "color" because Owen and I "saw red" a lot this week. 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: