Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wk 25: Summertime




 My photo pick for this week is this gorgeous shot taken on our two-day-getaway for my 29th birthday to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. How did I score going on a two-day-getaway for my birthday celebration you might ask? Well, partly we were in desperate need of some time to relax together and the other part is because I'm a stinking awesome wife who lets my husband go on a five day fishing trip every year. On my birthday. For the rest of my life. But who's counting?

We came to this same spot 6 years ago for our 2nd anniversary. At that time it was the middle of winter and we could barely get out of our car for more than 30 seconds because the wind chill would quickly bite to the core of your being. Friday Harbor is also basically dead at that point in the year. This time around it was a whole new world and we couldn't have asked for more gorgeous weather.







The view of the bay in front of our guest house.



I can honestly say that our trip was the most relaxing 48 hours of my life in recent years. Our days weren't dictated by who needed to eat or sleep next. We could sit in silence or finish an entire conversation. We could actually hold hands uninterrupted. And to top it all off, I didn't have to lift a single finger to make anything we ate the whole weekend. It was a splendid time and we walked away refreshed and reconnected. I personally think we should make this birthday getaway a new tradition!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: