Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 months!

My goodness, how is he already 5 months old?
Every month I find myself astounded because somehow I love him even more than the month before and every month I can't imagine how I could possibly love him more. Maybe it's his bald head and gigantic blue eyes, or his funny little growl, or the way he talks in his falsetto when he's excited. Perhaps it's his strength or the way he is now obsessed with jumping ever since I put him the "Johnny-jump-up." Or, maybe it's the fact that he loves to go to bed at 6:30...just kidding. But really, it's this amazing capacity God has given us for our hearts to expand in love when we didn't think it could possibly do so anymore. Whatever it is, I could kiss his cheeks all day long.
 This picture just makes me chuckle. 

Things about Jesse:
-Almost sitting up by himself. He will sit unassisted for quite some time before he'll fall over. I'm looking forward to those days of being able to just put him down sitting up. 
- We started solid foods this month and he's a pro. So far he's had avocado, sweet potato, banana, pears, peas and peaches and we usually just feed him solids once a day.
- Most days we're down to two naps but every once in a while he needs a short third one. 
- He continues to be very physically active. I put him in the jumper this last week and I think he thought he'd died and gone to heaven. Hold him so he can stand and it won't be long before he starts bouncing up and down.


No comments: