Monday, June 11, 2012

Mother's Day Project



Mother's Day this year was enjoyed with the King family. We ate a delicious BBQ lunch on an incredibly gorgeous day and later that evening Jesse was dedicated at church. I love baby dedications because there is something so powerful about the spoken word. I pray that Jesse grows to be a man of great character who loves Jesus and those around him deeply.

As for my mother's day gift...well...it showed up a few days late and I'm glad it did because I got to watch it come to life. Josh came up with a super cute idea to have the boys help him paint some terracotta flower pots. He researched how to do it, discovered in the process that terracotta pot painting is quite the trend (who knew), bought some lovely exotic geraniums (I'm not gonna lie, normally not a geranium fan but these Martha Washingtons are gorgeous!) and then figured out how to get one little boy and a baby to paint just the pot and not themselves and everything around them. The pots turned out so cute, I can't wait to get some succulents to plant in them as we quickly discovered the geraniums were not too happy with their terracotta homes.


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: