Sunday, January 2, 2011

Owen's 1st Christmas

I don't know who has more fun on Christmas, the children or the adults who watch the children.
I'm sure this year we had more fun than Owen did since he really had no idea what was going on.
Filled with family, food, fun and reflection Christmas is always a wonderful holiday for us.
However, one of my favorite parts of our celebration this year was looking at that
extra twinkle in everyone's eyes as we proceeded with long-standing traditions. Owen is the first grandchild/great-grandchild on my side of the family and the renewed excitement in gift giving was evident.
Having a baby around seems to bring out the kid in everyone...it's infectious.

I find myself at the end of the holiday hubbub filled with gratitude for my family, for their generosity in loving our little boy, and for the most wonderful gift the Lord has given us this year in Owen. We are so blessed.




Christmas Eve- Owen's 1st present. He would not let go of this ball for the next two days.

Christmas jammies with the cousins...soo tired.

Opening Owen's stocking...

Matching red flannel shirts with Uncle Elias.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: