Monday, March 22, 2010

Bright paper packages tied up with string...

Last Sunday was my first baby shower...which means that my long suppressed nesting urges are finally satisfied! I can organize and sort and then re-organize all those organized things to my hearts content. It may sound crazy but sadly true and extremely gratifying. Thanks to this baby shower my mind is now a whirl with how to most creatively and efficiently store all these fabulous gifts people have bestowed upon us. If money were no object, and my nesting urges were allowed to run free, this child's bedroom would probably have more baskets and storage containers than were necessary.



Anyway, Kathleen Woodward, Jen Loftus and Joanne Stewart were the fabulous hosts of this shower. I am grateful to these women and the support they have shown me, not only in this most exciting time of life as I enter into mom-hood, but over the course of my life. It was extra special to be sharing it with Kathleen and Jen who were my Senior High small group leaders back in my youth group days. Who would have thought all these years later they would be throwing me a baby shower? I'm grateful to have shared yet another momentous occasion with these two women who were such an important part of my growing up years.


The lovely shower throwing ladies and me :)

THE SPREAD:

Delicious doughnuts specially made with blue frosting.








These doughnuts were seriously amazing, hence the need for a picture of their own!



THE PRESENTS:


Josh's Aunt Lisa makes incredible baby blankets, burp cloths and bibs...I'm so lucky to have gotten some :)



Lots of cute tiny boy outfits...one of the highlights was a Sounders onesie!


Apparently I have a new "breast" friend and didn't even know it!


Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: