Monday, January 11, 2010

Numbered days

Normally, I am not one to make New Year's resolutions. I generally find them tiresome and silly because it seems like everyone makes the same resolutions, sticks to them for the month of January, and when the dreariness of February sets in they are forgotten altogether.

This year is different. I've made a resolution that I only have to keep till May and I don't have to keep it by myself! The thought occurred to me the other day, that life as we know it has an end date to it! Our days are numbered, it's no longer just a saying, it's actually true! Josh and I have resolved together to take spontaneity by the horns and enjoy the simple things of life to the fullest before our son comes in to the world. Now, I'm not saying that we won't have fun with a child in tow. In fact, some things will become even more fun as we re-see the norm through fresh eyes. But....going to the movies, out to dinner, or popping over to hang out with friends will become more complicated. So while we eagerly look forward to meeting the wee-one, we are determined to also enjoy these last days as just the two of us.

So, this weekend we took advantage of a lovely warm winter weekend in Seattle and walked around Discovery Park with my brother and sister-in-law. Discovery Park holds a special spot in our hearts as it's the place where Josh proposed to me 4 years ago and it's just as beautiful as it was back then. The day was topped off by a gorgeous sunset on the Seattle waterfront as we waited for our table at the Old Spaghetti Factory.







Rain boots and puddles...a match made in heaven.


Elias and Theresa - Spontaneity partners in crime








Sister-in-law whom I love!

Spontaneity...check. Hanging out with people we love....check. Resolution accomplished once over.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: