Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beautiful beaches

Sunshine in Seattle pretty much requires you spend your weekend outside. To begin the weekend, my mom, sister-in-law Theresa and myself found ourselves husband-less and son-less so we thought we'd take advantage of the opportunity and get together for a "Carlson girls" slumber party. We packed a picnic dinner and headed off to Edmonds beach. This particular beach, Theresa had never been to, but for mom and me holds many memories as we frequented this beautiful spot many a time during my growing up years. The beach has changed since I was last there but the memories still remain and it was delightful to make some new memories.







A creative attempt at getting a picture of all three of us at once (T and MF are in the reflection) Theresa and my mom before digging into our delicious salad picnic.

The Edmonds ferry.

The second beach of the weekend I took Jude to. Since Josh was still gone fishing, I babysat Jude so Casey and Micah could enjoy themselves at a friends wedding. So I decided to push Jude (literally and figuratively) on a long walk from our house in Juanita to the waterfront in down town Kirkland. If Jude could have had it his way, we would probably still be sitting on the beach throwing rocks into the water.



No comments: